Now Accepting Applications for the 2021 Youth Advisory Committee
Become a leader, learn about museums, and be a voice for your community at Cascadia.
What is the Youth Advisory Committee at Cascadia (YACC)?
YACC is a group of high school students (8-12 graders) from Snohomish and Upper King County who provide insight and advise on all youth programs at Cascadia and helps create, promote, and facilitate new youth programs at the museum. YACC members will also gain professional museum experience and be mentored by museum professionals.
What do we do?
YACC’s goal is to advise Cascadia on the development and implementation of youth programs by:
- Providing a youth voice to the museum education department
- Offer Advice on the development of youth programs including Cascadia Art for Schools and the Art Exploration Series
- Volunteering for youth programs at the museum
- Develop and facilitate one new youth program a year such as a Teen Night at the Museum
- Promoting Cascadia youth programs by creating and distributing flyers, participating in special events, and communicating with peers.
- Meet museum professionals, learn about museum careers, and gain relevant professional experience
What will you get out of the experience?
- Experience in art education, museum education, and art history
- Experience in museum careers and be mentored by museum professionals
- Experience in leadership, community engagement, project development, and arts advocacy
- Build relationships with youth from across Snohomish and Upper King Counties.
- Influence programming and accessibility at Cascadia Art Museum
How much time do I have to commit?
- YACC members commit to attending eleven two-hour meetings throughout the 2020-2021 school year starting in March. Meetings are scheduled one to two times per month on Wednesdays from 4-6pm.
- YACC members are also asked to complete a minimum of 4 volunteer hours for Cascadia Art Museum (when the museum is open with normal programming).
See below for our 2021 Youth Advisory Committee at Cascadia application. Applications are due on March 5. We look forward to having you join us at Cascadia!YACC Application 2021