Cascadia Teen Ambassadors
Become a leader, learn about museums, and be a voice for your community at Cascadia.
Who are the Cascadia Teen Ambassadors (CTA)?
CTA, previously known as the Youth Advisory Committee at Cascadia, is a group of high school students (9-12 graders) from Snohomish and Upper King County who provide insight on Cascadia programming, help create and facilitate new initiatives, and raise awareness for Cascadia. CTA members will be able to gain professional museum experience and be mentored by museum professionals.
What do we do?
CTA’s goal is to raise awareness of Cascadia and advise the museum on the development and implementation of youth programs by:
- Providing a youth voice to the museum education department
- Volunteering for youth programs at the museum
- Develop and facilitate one new youth program a year such as a Teen Night at the Museum
- Promoting Cascadia youth programs by creating and distributing flyers, participating in special events, and communication with peers.
- Meet museum professionals and gain experience about careers in museum.
What will you get out of the experience?
- Experience in art education, museum education, and art history
- Experience in museum careers and be mentored by museum professionals
- Experience in leadership, community engagement, project development, and arts advocacy
- Build relationships with youth from across Snohomish and Upper King Counties.
- Influence programming at Cascadia Art Museum
How much time do I have to commit?
- CTA members commit to attending one-hour meetings twice a month throughout the 2022-2023 school year starting at the end of October.
- First year CTA members will meet on Wednesdays from 3:30-4:30, second year members will meet from 4:00-5:00. Some meetings will be virtual and others will be in-person at the Museum.
- CTA members are also asked to complete a minimum of 6 volunteer hours for Cascadia Art Museum.