Cascadia Art Museum features artwork created exclusively by artists active in the Northwest during the mid-19th through the mid-20th centuries. With few exceptions, this fertile period of our creative history has been largely overlooked and understudied, and we are excited to be able to bring it to both students and educators. We are pleased to offer both guided tours led by a trained Museum docent and self-guided tours, which allows the educator to lead their own students through the Museum. Cascadia Art Museum is aligned with State and Common Core Standards. We engage Community through FREE admission for Students and Children under 18.
Plan your Cascadia Art Museum Field Trip
Select a tour type
- Self-Guided: Customize and go at your own pace experiencing classroom connections. Worksheets are available.
- Docent-Guided: A trained Museum docent will guide a 60 minute tour explaining the current exhibits on Northwest art with an emphasis on critical thinking skills using VTS and principles and elements of art. The tour will be interactive and utilize a worksheet activity.
Select a date
- Tours offered October-June, Tuesdays 9 am -3 pm or Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 9 -11 am for school groups over 10 students. Smaller groups are welcome Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday from 9 am-4 pm. Please fill out and submit the form below and indicate your fist, second, and third choices for dates and times. A confirmation email will be sent to you with the exact date scheduled. We ask that educators schedule school tours at least three weeks in advance.
Additional information and Options
- Lunch may be eaten in the entrance hallway to the museum. Please book this in advance on the form below.
- Parking: If you are arriving by bus, school groups may be dropped off and picked up directly in front of the museum. Bus drivers may park and wait for your group on the north end of the Salish Crossing lot. Chaperones or groups arriving separately may park in any available spot at Salish Crossing. Parking is free.
Book your Tour Today
Please fill out the form below to request a tour and tour date and indicate any additional information.
For Questions, please call or email the museum at (425) 336-4809 or [email protected]