Volunteers Make Cascadia Art Museum Work
Our volunteers are the face of the museum and are increasingly important as we continue to grow. There are many ways you can be part of the Cascadia team – become a docent, support our educational and public programming, provide administrative assistance and so much more.
HOW DO I BECOME A CASCADIA VOLUNTEER?
Complete the Volunteer Application & Background Check below and the Team Leader for Volunteer Recruitment will contact you to set up an interview.
As a “thank you” for your commitment to Cascadia Art Museum, volunteers enjoy the following benefits:
- Free access to the museum during public hours
- Insider information and updates through Volunteer News
- In-depth tours with curator prior to exhibition openings
- Free admission to lectures and select special programs
- Invitation to offsite tours, professional development workshops and special events
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation and Award event
- 10% discount in the Museum Store
Because we rely so heavily on our volunteers, we ask that you are able to meet all of the following expectations:
- Be at least 18-years old
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Complete a volunteer application, attend a 30-minute interview, a New Volunteer Orientation and quarterly meetings
- Commit to a minimum of 7 hours a month for at least 12 months (please inquire about seasonal volunteer opportunities)
- Track hours and commit to using our volunteer management software, Volgistics
- Docents must also attend quarterly trainings and are expected to commit to additional volunteer hours